I remember growing up as a little girl. My mother used to make eggs and pumpkin leaves almost every weekend. And I always enjoyed it. It made for the perfect breakfast along with some yam, potatoes, plantains or toast.
Well, it was a cool evening in my neck of the woods and my ajebutters wanted breakfast for dinner, so I decided to whip up some eggs and vegetables. Although I did not have the pumpkin leaves, some spinach worked great.
Give it a try, it is easy, and tasty and will leave you quite satisfied.
Let’s get to it
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups of freshly chopped or frozen spinach
- salt to taste
- 1 small finger of chili or cayenne pepper
- 2 chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. of chopped onions
- 1 onga cube or any bouillon cube(optional)
- ½tsp of thyme
- ½tsp of curry powder
- ½ cup of freshly chopped or cooked shrimp
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil(any oil works)
- 1tbsp of butter
- In a sauce pan, heat up the oil. Throw in the onions and sauté until translucent. Throw in the chopped tomatoes and chili peppers. Cook until reduced; then add the spinach and Shrimp, add all the seasonings ie salt, thyme, curry and(or) bouillon cube. Stir and cook for about 2-3minutes; then pour into a heat proof bowl or plate. In the same sauce pan, melt the butter and cook your eggs until your desired doneness; then throw in the sautéed vegetables and combine. Serve with any side. I had mine with boiled yam and some yam chips