I decided to take my #fitfamness seriously. I realized I had been lazy, so I went running “couch to 5k” and it actually helped as I could climb the steps without panting. Anyway, I decided to do a quick rice and spinach recipe for my ajebutters as we were all tired. I had a bowl of bulgur to use for my portion, but I quickly forgot all about the bulgur due to me and the kids talking and before I knew anything, I had about 2 small bowls of rice. Sigh! It was that good you guys.
This recipe is so easy, you may make it with any vegetable and any grain of rice of your choice. It is also great with bulgur and quinoa. You may easily make it vegan by taking out the mince meat and the seasoning cubes and use soy sauce.
This recipe is great for the working mom who wants something fast but healthy. This recipe is also great for the bachelor who complains about even boiling water 🙂 It is that easy my people. With this recipe, you won’t even spend up to 30minutes doing both the prep and the cooking
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Here is a recipe for you
- 2cups of rice(Brown rice, bulgur, white rice, any type of rice works)
- 2 tbsps. of coconut oil(any cooking oil works)
- 10 oz chopped spinach, uGu, water leaves or kale
- 1 small onion(sliced or chopped)
- 1 plum tomato(chopped or sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves(grated)
- 1 inch of ginger(grated)
- 1lb ground or minced turkey(any ground lean meat or sausage works)(optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- ½tbsp dry grinded pepper or chili flakes
- 1tsp curry
- 1tsp thyme
- 1 knorr or 2tbsps soy sauce
- ½tsp cumin or poultry seasoning(optional)
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice until clear and boil until al dente. Refrigerate for an hour or spread on a tray to cool
- Heat 2 tbsps. of coconut oil in a wok or sauté pan. Drop in the bay leaves; add the curry and thyme and let it fry for some seconds without burning. Add the onions and sauté until almost translucent. Add the ground meat(If using) and sauté until cooked through(it will look a little pale).Add the tomatoes and stir until reduced a little. Add the garlic, ginger, spinach, knorr cubes(or soy sauce) and cumin of using any. Mix well on high heat; then pour in the rice and stir fry well. Season with salt to taste and set aside.