I have a tremendous love for garlic and my ajebutters know this. Even when it is time to cook some Nigerian soups and I ask my Ajebutter 1 to help line up the ingredients for me, she almost always brings garlic. It may not harm anyone to try garlic in some Nigerian soups, but nahhh I wouldn’t. Well, never say never 🙂
This recipe was created out of my sheer love for garlic and it’s match with honey. After roasting this chicken, it came out very moist on the inside and slightly crunchy and sticky on the outside. The stickiness came from the honey of course. I like to use honey while making chicken, it not only gives the meat the ultimate crust, but it infuses the chicken with so much sweet flavor. The marriage of the garlic and honey was everything and I had yet another Eureka! moment. This is one simple dish with awesome and big flavors!
It will not hurt to try it this weekend and it should go with my Zobo Colada here
- 4 Medium-Large chicken legs
- 2tbsps of honey
- 3-4garlic cloves
- 1packet of any bouillon
- 1tsp of black pepper
- 2tsps of olive or coconut oil
- wash and pat chicken dry.
- season the chicken with only salt and set aside for 1-12hours
- blend the garlic with the oil. Then in a bowl, mix with the pepper, bouillon and honey
- Fire up your grill or preheat oven to 350degrees
- brush the chicken legs with the garlic and honey mix. (Save the rest of the mix for basting)
- Place the chicken legs into an oven tray and bake for about 30minutes-35minutes; making sure to baste with the garlic sauce in between. Once chicken is fully cooked and golden brown, remove from the oven, baste once more, let the chicken rest; then serve with any side