That moment when you don’t know what to make and your children have declared “Mommy no more rice and stew!” See, rice and stew is one of my ultimate easy home made meals for my ajebutters especially when I cannot think of what to make.
It’s no news that Nigerians love chicken. at least 98 out of every 100 people will eat chicken made anyway.
I created this recipe almost year ago. It was one of those one pot recipes that helped me during one of those tired days. I was even too tired to take a photo. But I promise it was delicious; so delicious that I ate my portion before I served the sides.
For me, chicken’s basically one of the easiest thing that is readily in my kitchen. Even on lazy days, a little salt and pepper does the trick for me. To make this recipe a lot more healthy (if you may), you could remove the skin
So for those days when everyone says “No rice and stew!” You could whip out this recipe and pair with some smokey Jollof rice
- 12-14 chicken legs(any chicken part works fine)
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 3-4 small garlic cloves(crushed)
- 1 inch ginger(grated)
- 1tbsp dry pepper or chili flakes
- 2tbsps melted butter
- 1tbsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- wash and pat chicken legs dry. Generously season with salt with salt and place in a roasting pan or skillet and let it marinate for an hour. Season with the rest of the seasonings and pour the melted butter over it. Let it marinate for another 30 minutes.
- Cover and place in a 350 preheated oven for 1hr or cook until the chicken is soft and falling off the bones. If you want the chicken to be more brown or you want more crust, open up the pan at the last 10 minutes of cooking.(you could use your broiler if you want a more crispy skin)(a grill can be used in place of an oven)