Okay #Fitfam this is one for you..I sure had a headache after a long day of cleaning and I needed something really easy to make while I watched Nollywood . I love Nollywood o 🙂 Although some stories of theirs does seem redundant, but I sure do love me some Nollywood. I decided to do a stir fried rice for my ajebutters and some stir fried bulgur for myself. And by the time I counted 30minutes, I was done with preparing dinner 🙂 It was that easy
This is a lazy recipe for one of those days when you do not want to spend hour in the kitchen. It is fit friendly too
I really do hope you enjoy this recipe. It is a good one to start your week with. You may use coarse bulgur grains for it or even rice. You may also use seafood and take out the cornstarch
This is a great recipe for the family. My ajebutters eat bulgur. They call it “the other rice” You may even use a variety of vegetables. Trust me, it is quite versatile.
I remember the first time I made my ajebutters bulgur, they made faces and looked at me with the “woman you are crazy” look on their faces. I just smiled and after another try, they got used to it.
Trust me you will love it.
No more stories.
Here is a ready to print recipe for you 🙂
- 1¼ cup of bulgur
- ½lb of chopped beef
- 2 tbsps. of coconut oil
- 2 small green onions(sliced)
- half a medium onion(sliced or chopped)
- 1 garlic clove(grated)
- 1inch of ginger(grated)
- 1tsp of fish sauce
- 21/2 tbsps. of soy sauce
- ½tbsp of corn starch
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- a hand full of cabbage(optional)
- season the beef with salt, ½tbsp of soy sauce and the corn starch and set aside in the refrigerator for about 30minutes.
- Bring about 1 and ¼ cup of water (or just enough water to cook the bulgur) to a boil. Pour in Bulgur grains and bring to another boil. season with salt and cover tightly(You may add ½ tsp of oil if you want). Reduce the heat and cook for about 10minutes. Once the water dries out, remove from heat and set aside. You may refrigerate the cooked bulgur for about 30minutes to hour or spread on a tray to cool