Although a late post, this is how we started the summer holidays in my home. I was asleep and I felt little hands and heard little voices. It was ajebutter 1 and 2. They wanted us to bake some cookies. Bake cookies kwa? who does that? And from scratch too? Can’t we just get some cookie dough? Why do I have to bake cookies? I did not understand chacha!
We knew all that we would need for the cookie, but we needed measurements, so we headed on to one of our favorite cooking page and there we were able to sort the meaurements.
As it is with chocolate chip cookies, we made sure we did not eat up the dough before it went into the oven 🙂 Have you ever baked chocolate chip cookies before? If you have; then you know what it is with the dough. Raw cookie dough is “bae”
At some point we turned it into crumbles. Ajebutter 1 actually wanted crumbles, so as she the baker in my home, she had to have some :)(will attach pictures soon)
To make this cookie, you may either use a mixer or a wooden spoon or spatula to cream the butter and sugar. Make sure your butter is soft before creaming. I remember making Almond cookies for the first time and man was it a mess. I melted the butter first, it was a total mess, but I had a good laugh and carried on.
It was a good time to spend with my ajebutters and ahan! we did no eat all the cookie dough:) We managed to get 26 cookies into the oven 🙂
- 2¼ cups of flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup regular white sugar
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter(about 12tbsps)
- 2tsps of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1tsp of baking soda
- ¼tsp of nutmeg
- ½tsp of salt
- ½-1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 or 375 degrees
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and mix in
- add the flour, vanilla,nutmeg and the chocolate chunks. Stir until smooth. Do not over work the batter
- In a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, Drop dollops of the batter in table spoonful's. To prevent the dough from sticking, dip the spoon into luke warm water with each scoop.
- Bake the cookie for about 15minutes or until the rim of the cookie is a little brown. Do not over cook or let the cookie over brown
Please can we use d commonly sold margarine instead of butter? And also can baking soda be replaced with baking powder?
Hello Grace. when it comes to baking, I try to say on course. You could try to see how it goes. And pleas do leave a feed back. I hope this helps 🙂
please where can one get chocolate chips in Nigeria…the cake stores I visited ddnt have. thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Hmmn Im not so sure. Im sorry about that.
What actually measures as one cup: Tin milk can, Tomato tin can or grams. Kindly indicate the actually quantity
Hi Ada. I’m not sure. You can get actual one cup measurements at a supermarket.